I’m not sure what it is about snowy days that makes me want to bake, but I do. And this year it’s been snowing quite a lot so I need to make sure the goodies I bake are (mostly) healthy goodies. Today is yet another snow day here in Antartica, I mean Pennsylvania. I plan on making super yummy, but also not sinful, banana bread.
I adapted this recipe from Pinterest, which is my favorite site ever! This recipe is super easy and also doesn’t make me feel guilty after eating a slice…or 3. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Awesomely Healthy Banana Bread
2 cups flour (I used spelt flour but wheat or white are fine too)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup no sugar added applesauce
3/4 cup honey ( I prefer organic and local, but any will do)
2 eggs, beaten
3 overripe bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a small bowl mix together applesauce, honey, eggs, and mashed bananas.
4. Add the banana batter to the flour mixture. Stir just to combine. Pour batter in to loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes until done in center. Use a toothpick to check.
5. Let cool on a baking rack.
Easy peasy! Now dig in an enjoy 🙂